News

Spencerville-area house explodes, 1 taken to St. Vincent’s in Toledo

Spencerville, OH - A Spencerville-area house was damaged Saturday afternoon after an occupant of the home tried to light a propane water heater and it exploded.According to Spencerville Fire Chief Dave Evans, the incident occurred at 3:47 p.m. Saturday.According to...

Fire and Explosion and Leeds home this morning

Leeds, NY- Multiple Greene County fire companies were called to a house fire early this morning in Leeds.The call came in just before 2:30 at 348 Cairo Junction Road.Leeds fire officials say, a propane leak in an appliance caused an explosion, which started the...

Carbon monoxide buildup sends 6 to hospital

Boothbay, ME - Six people had to be taken to the hospital Monday after they became ill from carbon monocled fumes at a coffee and sandwich store in Boothbay.Fire Chief Dick Spoffard said they got the call for help in the afternoon from the new Dunkin Donuts/ Subway...

Myrtle Beach hotel evacuated after suspected carbon monoxide leak

Myrtle Beach, SC - Fire crews responded to a hazardous materials call in Myrtle Beach Monday night, according to a tweet from the department.Firefighters could be seen at Hampton Inn at 1140 Celebrity Circle.Fire officials said it was believed to be a carbon monoxide...

Eight people injured from flash fire on boat in Buena Vista Lake

Bakersfield, CA - Eight people are recovering in the hospital after getting injured in a flash fire on a boat at a fueling station at Buena Vista Lake.Kern County fire responded to the fire at Buena Vista Lake around 9:30 a.m. Sunday.When crews arrived on scene, they...

At least 18 sickened from carbon monoxide at Houston complex

Houston, TX - HOUSTON (AP) - Authorities say at least 18 people were treated after a carbon monoxide leak at a Houston area apartment complex.KTRK-TV reports that the Champions Fire Department says the Saturday morning leak might have been caused by a vehicle left...

Lancaster Apartment Residents Suffer Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Lancaster, CA - At least one resident of a Lancaster apartment complex was taken to a hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning Saturday and the problem was traced to a water heater, authorities said.It was reported at 3:33 p.m. at 43522 Kirkland Ave., Los Angeles...

Explosion in Aztec displaces dozens of people

Aztec, NM - An explosion at an Aztec apartment complex – the result of a natural gas leak inside the building – left one injured and dozens of others evacuated Sunday, according to authorities in New Mexico.Aztec Fire Department Chief Kevin Simpson said the explosion...

Ala. students sent to ER with elevated carbon monoxide levels

New Brockton, AL - New Brockton Schools in Coffee County, Alabama, were closed Friday after students showed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning Thursday.The Alabama Department of Public Health is helping in the investigation of this case. 4 New Brockton students...

Homeowner hospitalized after house explosion in Jackson County

Preston, IA - A house explosion in Jackson County Friday morning left one man with burn injuries.Officials say at about 11:43 a.m., the Jackson County Sheriff's Office responded to the 39-hundred block of Highway 64 in Preston, Iowa for a house fire. Preston is about...