Portageville, MO – Two people have died from what is believed to be carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Portageville Fire Department was dispatched to a city residence at 10 a.m. Wednesday to investigate a report of two people inside and unresponsive. According to a report on the Portageville Fire and Rescue’s Facebook page, fire personnel put on their full self-contained breathing apparatus gear to enter the home, where they located the two victims, who were deceased.

The names of the victims were not released pending the completion of the investigation.