News

10 in Florida hospitalized after carbon monoxide exposure

Jacksonville, FL - 10 people, including five children, are hospitalized after being exposed to carbon monoxide.Authorities in Jacksonville say they were inside an apartment where a charcoal grill was being used.Firefighters were called to the apartment just after 4...

Three people suffer carbon monoxide poisoning in Sioux City home

Sioux City, IA - Three people in Sioux City were taken to the hospital after being overcome by carbon monoxide Monday.Fire captain Ryan Collins says the three were in a home that is slate for demolition and we using a gas powered generated to run heaters. “The fumes...

Woman dies from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in Bozeman

Bozeman, MT - An elderly woman died in Bozeman Sunday from apparent carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning that also injured a second woman whose status is currently unknown.According to a City of Bozeman press release, Bozeman Fire and Bozeman Police responded to 11th and W....

Carbon monoxide leak forces residents to leave rooms at nursing home

Omaha, NE - The Omaha Fire Department called for residents of a long-term care and rehabilitation facility to be moved Saturday.Firefighters said a strong odor of gas was reported at Azira Health Montclair near 132nd and Center streets around 3 p.m.Crews on the scene...

Christmas Day exposure incident highlights dangers of carbon monoxide

Cleveland, OH - Two people were hospitalized on Christmas Day after being exposed to dangerous levels of carbon monoxide, the colorless and tasteless gas that can cause flu-like symptoms and even death. Cleveland fire officials said carbon monoxide exposures are most...

Propane Leak Caused NH Hotel Explosion, Fire

Lebanon, NH - An explosion and fire in a hotel in New Hampshire that sent two firefighters and eight guests to the hospital on Christmas Eve was caused by an active propane leak, officials said.The explosion occurred in the early morning hours on Tuesday at the...

Carbon monoxide scare causes Northwest DC evacuations

Washington, DC - A defective furnace is to blame for a carbon monoxide scare in a Northwest D.C. neighborhood that forced 11 people to evacuate their homes and left one family without a place to live on Christmas Eve.Firefighters were called to a row house on Gallatin...

One dead, two treated after carbon monoxide poisoning in Monroe City

Monroe City, MO - One man is dead, a woman is in the hospital, and a child was treated and released after experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning at a Monroe City residence on Saturday, the sheriff says.Monroe County Sheriff J. David Hoffman reported on Monday that...

Gas leak, explosion in Billings apartment injures 2

Billings, MT - A natural gas leak caused an explosion at a Montana apartment complex that sent two people to the hospital with severe burns, officials said Saturday.Billings Deputy Fire Marshal Jeff McCullough says the explosion at about 9:45 Friday night caused an...

FDNY: 8 hospitalized in carbon monoxide scare at Melrose church

New York, NY - Authorities say eight people were hospitalized when crews responded to the scene of a carbon monoxide emergency in Melrose Sunday.Con Edison says it happened on Third Avenue at a storefront church that was using space heaters.News 12 is told there was...

Couple survives gas poisoning

Thatcher, AZ - THATCHER — Two Thatcher residents are lucky to be alive after experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning last Wednesday.The Thatcher Fire Department was called to an aprtment complex on Stadium Avenue for a possible gas leak at 5:27 p.m. Wednesday,...