News

Carbon Monoxide Scare Result Of Faulty Furnace

Campbell County, WY - Just before 9 p.m. Thursday evening, the Campbell County Fire Department responded to a residence on Mountain View Drive for a report of gas odor in the basement, according to a Campbell County Fire Department press release.When firefighters...

House explosion leaves 6 injured on Detroit’s west side

Detroit, MI - Authorities say six people were taken to a nearby hospital Saturday evening after an apparent gas explosion at a house on Detroit's west side.Deputy Fire Commissioner David Fornell told The Detroit News that responders were dispatched to the 14400 block...

10 in Florida hospitalized after carbon monoxide exposure

Jacksonville, FL - 10 people, including five children, are hospitalized after being exposed to carbon monoxide.Authorities in Jacksonville say they were inside an apartment where a charcoal grill was being used.Firefighters were called to the apartment just after 4...

Three people suffer carbon monoxide poisoning in Sioux City home

Sioux City, IA - Three people in Sioux City were taken to the hospital after being overcome by carbon monoxide Monday.Fire captain Ryan Collins says the three were in a home that is slate for demolition and we using a gas powered generated to run heaters. “The fumes...

Woman dies from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in Bozeman

Bozeman, MT - An elderly woman died in Bozeman Sunday from apparent carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning that also injured a second woman whose status is currently unknown.According to a City of Bozeman press release, Bozeman Fire and Bozeman Police responded to 11th and W....

Carbon monoxide leak forces residents to leave rooms at nursing home

Omaha, NE - The Omaha Fire Department called for residents of a long-term care and rehabilitation facility to be moved Saturday.Firefighters said a strong odor of gas was reported at Azira Health Montclair near 132nd and Center streets around 3 p.m.Crews on the scene...

Propane Leak Caused NH Hotel Explosion, Fire

Lebanon, NH - An explosion and fire in a hotel in New Hampshire that sent two firefighters and eight guests to the hospital on Christmas Eve was caused by an active propane leak, officials said.The explosion occurred in the early morning hours on Tuesday at the...

Christmas Day exposure incident highlights dangers of carbon monoxide

Cleveland, OH - Two people were hospitalized on Christmas Day after being exposed to dangerous levels of carbon monoxide, the colorless and tasteless gas that can cause flu-like symptoms and even death. Cleveland fire officials said carbon monoxide exposures are most...

Carbon monoxide scare causes Northwest DC evacuations

Washington, DC - A defective furnace is to blame for a carbon monoxide scare in a Northwest D.C. neighborhood that forced 11 people to evacuate their homes and left one family without a place to live on Christmas Eve.Firefighters were called to a row house on Gallatin...

One dead, two treated after carbon monoxide poisoning in Monroe City

Monroe City, MO - One man is dead, a woman is in the hospital, and a child was treated and released after experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning at a Monroe City residence on Saturday, the sheriff says.Monroe County Sheriff J. David Hoffman reported on Monday that...