Warren, IL – A natural gas leak resulted in an explosion that caused a fire at a home on Warren’s south end Tuesday evening.

The blast destroyed the structure but did not result in any injuries, according to police.

The incident took place about 6 p.m. at a house on Lozier Avenue at MacArthur Boulevard.

A Warren fire chief said the explosion was caused by a gas leak.

A firefighter looks over the damage caused by the explosion as water gurgles from beneath the surface as it is pushed up by the gas.

Firefighters were still on the scene as of 9 p.m. Tuesday, along with Consumers Energy officials. Police were performing traffic control duties around the fire vehicles.