News

Man killed in deadly explosion in Brookings

Brookings, SD - We are following some developing news out of Brookings concerning a deadly explosion and fire. In an interview with a local radio station, Fire Chief Darrell Hartmann said the call came in before noon. He said crews arrived to find smoke and flames. He...

State lawmakers look into propane and natural gas detector regulations

Augusta, ME - In wake of last year's tragic explosion at the LEAP, Inc. building in Farmington, lawmakers in Augusta are looking to increase safety measures. A public hearing was held Wednesday on a bill aimed at getting propane and natural gas detectors into more...

FDNY: 11 Sickened By Carbon Monoxide In Fordham Manor

New York, NY — Residents were evacuated from their Bronx apartments Monday after some people said they suddenly felt ill. Investigators said the problem was carbon monoxide, CBS2’s Jessica Layton reported. Parents hugged their kids in the cold, knowing that despite...

Aspen homeowner injured from gas explosion that caused garage fire

Aspen, CO - A homeowner was injured on Sunday morning as a result of a gas explosion that caused a fire in the garage of a West End residence, Aspen Fire Chief Rick Balentine said. The fire, at 621 W. Francis St., was extinguished within 90 minutes of authorities’...

Clogged flue triggers carbon monoxide alarm in Edwardsville home

Edwardsville, IL — Crews from the Edwardsville Fire Department and Ameren Illinois responded to a carbon monoxide (CO) alarm around 11 a.m. Tuesday at a residence in the 100 block of North Fillmore Street. “The CO was apparently caused by a blocked or clogged flue...

City: Collapsed vent pipe caused carbon monoxide leak at Manor Park

Midland, TX - The City of Midland has released the cause of Wednesday's carbon monoxide leak at Manor Park. According to the City, the Midland Fire Department's Fire Marshal's Office discovered that the leak was caused by a collapsed vent pipe on a gas boiler. Several...

Carbon monoxide poisoning sends 3 to hospital in Kent

Kent, WA - Three people were hospitalized Wednesday after they were exposed to carbon monoxide fumes from a malfunctioning furnace, emergency officials said. Firefighters initially responded to the home in a Kent neighborhood at about 8:20 a.m. after receiving reports...

Freeport man hurt in explosion at his home

Freeport, IL -- One Freeport man is hurt after an explosion early Tuesday in the basement of his home at 1151 W. Prentice Street. An explosion rocked a house on Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2020, at the corner of Pierce and North Turner in Freeport. Relatives contacted 23 WIFR...

Spire warns people after gas leak causes house explosion in Florissant

Florissant, Mo. -- A natural gas leak left a man in the hospital with severe burns after his home went up in flames. The 76-year-old man barely made it out of the kitchen and to his front porch Sunday morning when a gas leak caused a fire explosion in his Florissant...

Carbon Monoxide Suspected After 2 Found Dead In Highland Park Home

Highland Park, MI - An investigation is underway after two people were found dead in a home in Highland Park. Highland Park police were conducting a welfare check on Sunday when they forced entry into the house and found the bodies of two men, ages 42 and 68. Foul...

Carbon monoxide exposure suspected in Candia death

Candia, NH — A man was found dead in a garage where he apparently was overcome by carbon monoxide, authorities said. The man, whose name was not immediately released, was found by a neighbor inside the detached garage Saturday morning, New Hampshire State Fire Marshal...