Bay Shore, NY — Three children were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after they were exposed in their Bay Shore home Saturday afternoon, according to Suffolk police.

Officers responded to a 911 call of a carbon monoxide alarm at a home on Lincoln Boulevard at 12:10 p.m. Carbon monoxide detectors alerted first responders to high levels of the gas in the basement and first floors of the home.

It was later discovered that a furnace vent was not working, causing it to send carbon monoxide into the home. The residents of the home, a woman and her nine children, evacuated the home before police arrived.

They were treated on the scene and transported via Brentwood Legion Ambulance to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip.

The other six children, who ranged in age from 18-months to 15-years-old, and their mother, were evaluated on the scene and not injured.

The Brentwood Fire Department and Fire Marshal also responded.