News

3 JC residents treated for carbon monoxide illness

Jefferson City, MO - Jefferson City Fire Department officials are reminding residents about the potential dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning after an accident Thursday morning.Three people were treated for non-life-threatening injuries after the JCFD responded to a...

Cabin explosion in Thumb injures 2 adults, one teen

Sandusky, MI - Three people were injured in a cabin explosion in Sanilac County. That's in Michigan's Thumb region.Sheriff's deputies at about 7:06 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 14, responded to the hunting property on Ubly Road near Argyle, reports WNEM. They later...

14 People Sickened By Carbon Monoxide In Wood Dale Home, Hospitalized

Wood Dale, IL- Fourteen people were hospitalized Wednesday after being sickened by carbon monoxide in Wood Dale.Nine children and five adults – all from the same family – were rushed from the single-family home 360 N. Elmwood Ave. in the western suburb, according to...

Explosion rocks garage

Alpena, MI - A natural gas explosion pushed the walls of an Alpena garage off its foundation Sunday night, firefighters say.The south side Alpena Township fire station received a call just after 4 p.m. from a North Street homeowner who reported a loud bang in his...

Two injured in explosion at Charles Town home

Charles Town, WV - Two were injured after a gas leak caused an explosion Monday afternoon, setting fire to a Cloverdale Heights home in Charles Town, West Virginia, said Larry Herbst, fire chief of Citizens Fire Department.At approximately 12:45 p.m., an explosion set...

Family overcome by carbon monoxide from charcoal grill inside house

Las Vegas, NV - Firefighters rescued four people today who were overcome by carbon monoxide gas from a charcoal grill used to cook inside a house, according to Las Vegas Fire & Rescue officials.Fire department dispatchers received a call about 2:15 a.m. that someone...

Carbon monoxide poisoning likely to blame in deaths of two found in car

Milwaukee, WI - Carbon monoxide poisoning is believed to be the "probable" cause of death of two 20-year-olds found in a car on 22nd and Keefe Friday morning, according to the medical examiner.Authorities responded to the 3500 block of 22nd Street around 8 a.m. for a...

Carbon Monoxide Sickens 10 People In Hazleton

Hazleton, PA - Twice this week Hazleton fire crews responded to calls for carbon monoxide alarms.The cause? Rust, corrosion, and residue found within the heating systems of the homes."You know rust and stuff can cause different issues to cause it to burn improperly...

Several pets killed in house explosion near Galva

McPherson County, KS - Several pets died in a home explosion Wednesday in McPherson County.Galva Fire Chief Wayne Williams says a neighbor reported the explosion just before 5 p.m. in the 1600 block of 24th Avenue, two miles north of Galva.Williams says a propane...