New York, NY – Eight people were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes at a home in Queens on Friday night, and four of them had to be hospitalized, authorities said.

Twenty-one people evacuated their homes after the carbon monoxide leak on 81st Street, near 31st Avenue, in Jackson Heights shortly before midnight, according to the FDNY.

The FDNY said it detected high levels of the poisonous gas at a residential building on the block. Citizen App video shows firefighters at the scene.

Four other people, also civilians, were treated at the scene and refused transportation to a hospital.

The FDNY and utility companies are investigating.