News

Carbon Monoxide Leak at Broome Street Bodega Sickens 5 People

New York, NY - Carbon monoxide levels spiked at a Broome Street bodega early yesterday morning, sickening five people.The purported gas leak happened at the Optimum Gourmet Deli on the ground floor of 243 Broome. Firefighters rushed to the store at 7:40am. Five were...

Area man dies of CO poisoning

Green Township, IN - Emergency officials warned area residents of risks of carbon monoxide poisoning in the wake of the death of a Green Township man, attributed to exposure to the colorless, odorless and tasteless gas in his home.State police this week reported that...

5 Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Incident On Lower East Side

New York, NY - At least five people were sickened by carbon monoxide Tuesday on the Lower East Side.The FDNY responded around 7:40 a.m. to a seven-story apartment building on Broome Street near Ludlow Street.Firefighters detected high levels of carbon monoxide inside...

Family safe after faulty furnace sets off carbon monoxide alarms

Worthington, MN - A Worthington family is breathing easier after replacing its furnace Tuesday morning and installing new batteries in all of its carbon monoxide detectors.Bryant and Brittany Schroeder were at work — and their children at school — Monday when...

Carbon monoxide sickens passengers at DC holiday boat parade

Washington, DC - Eight people were transported to a hospital after a carbon monoxide leak on a ship participating in D.C.'s annual holiday boat parade on Saturday evening.Around 7 p.m. Saturday, D.C. Fire and EMS officials received a call over marine radio from a...

3 treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in Perham

Perham, MN - Three people were taken to Perham Health this morning suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.Sue Von Ruden, the Community Relations Director at Perham Health, said that "all three people were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning and then...

Accidental CO poisoning suspected in deaths of Auburn woman and dog

Auburn, AL - A tragic death in east Alabama has first responders warning families about a silent killer that could be lurking in your home.Lee County Coroner Bill Harris says Tuesday, inside an Auburn home and older lady and her dog, were found unresponsive. Their...

5 people hospitalized after carbon monoxide incident in Salem

Salem, MA - Several people were taken to the hospital Wednesday after being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide in Salem.First responders were called to the scene at 35 Congress St. at 8:15 a.m. for a report of an unconscious woman in a manufacturing facility on...

Santa Fe guest house destroyed by explosion

Albuquerque, NM - A guest house in Santa Fe is in pieces after an explosion Monday night. Crews were called to the scene on Cibola Loop shortly after 11 p.m.Video from Chopper 4 shows how far the debris was thrown.The cause of the explosion is still under...

Northern Broome family suffers CO symptons

Northern Broome County, NY - A serious situation involving Carbon Monoxide poisoning is being reported in Northern Broome County where the power has been out overnight following the two-day winter storm.Ambulance crews were called to Route 26 in the area of Hemlock...

Landlord suffers minor burns in second propane-related explosion

Town of Vernon, NY - TOWN OF VERNON — One man suffered burns in the second propane-related explosion in just as many days in the Vernon area, according to fire officials.Vernon Fire Chief Scott Nell said the landlord of the cabins at 4202 Lampman Road started up the...