News

Carbon monoxide poisoning sends seven to Salem Hospital

Woodburn, OR  – Seven people were in the hospital Sunday night with carbon monoxide poisoning, according to Woodburn Fire Chief Joe Budge. Budge said Sunday three adults and four children were transported for care. "Just got off a conference call with PGE and they...

1 killed, 1 critical in Camden carbon monoxide poisoning: Officials

Camden, NJ -- One man is dead and another is in critical condition after they were poisoned by carbon monoxide at a home in Camden, New Jersey, authorities said. First responders were called to the 1500 block of Louis Street around 3 a.m. Saturday after a neighbor...

Furnace malfunction leaves three dead in Coalport

Clearfield County, PA — Three people in Coalport were found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning. State police identified the victims as 67-year-old Robert McClellan, 57-year-old Brenda McClellan, and 68-year-old Ronald Jasper. Glendale Volunteer Fire Department,...

Deaths reported after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

Huntington, WV — Apparent carbon monoxide poisoning claimed the lives of two people and a dog in Cabell County Friday. Deputies with the Cabell County Sheriff’s Department were dispatched to the parking lot of Eastern Heights Shopping Plaza along U.S. Route 60 near...

House in Greenfield demolished after basement explosion

Greenfield, MA — The house at 19 Prospect St. was demolished Tuesday evening, hours after being blown off its foundation by a reported explosion that remains under investigation. Greenfield firefighter William Kimball previously said the white two-story house was...

Carbon Monoxide Leak In Queens Apartment Building Leaves One Dead

Queens, NY - One person was found dead after a carbon monoxide leak inside a Queens apartment building forced an evacuation, officials said. The FDNY responded to the scene on Leavitt Street in Flushing around 8 p.m. Tuesday, officials said, after a report of someone...

Sioux City apartments evacuated for carbon monoxide

Sioux City, IA — A Sioux City apartment complex was evacuated Monday afternoon for carbon monoxide. Sioux City fire crews arrived just after 12:00 p.m, at the Stellart Apartments on 21st and Nebraska for an alarm. Firefighters found unsafe levels of carbon monoxide...

AFR responds to gas explosion in NE Albuquerque

Albuquerque, NM – The Albuquerque Fire Rescue is on the scene of a natural gas explosion in northeast Albuquerque Monday morning near Girard and Constitution. According to AFR, the initial call was of an explosion, but now they are working on a house fire that was...

State: Natural gas caused home explosion

Port Washington, OH - A natural gas explosion caused the explosion that destroyed a home in the Port Washington area Jan. 14, according to a spokesman for the Division of State Fire Marshal of the Ohio Department of Commerce. The exact cause, however, remains...