Chapmantown, CA — Several people escaped a house fire that broke out in Chapmantown Friday morning.
Neighbors reported hearing an explosion when the home caught fire around 7:45 a.m. on Jackson Street near Wisconsin Street.
Nobody was injured and all eight people living inside the home made it out safely, authorities say.
A resident who escaped tells KRCR reporter Jerry Olenyn that it appears a propane leak caused an explosion that sparked the fire.
One side of the home was badly damaged but firefighters were able to knock down the flames before the house was completely destroyed.