News

House explodes, 1 missing

Chickasaw, OH - First responders searched through debris for a missing woman Sunday evening after an explosion destroyed one house and damaged a neighboring one. Dark plumes of smoke could be seen for miles after a house at 3751 County Road 716A erupted around 6 p.m.,...

4 taken to hospital after “Carbon Monoxide incident” at Hermitage

Nashville, TN - Four people were taken to the hospital after "a suspected Carbon Monoxide incident" at the Hermitage on Monday morning. The incident happened at the home of the seventh President Andrew Jackson. Three people were initially taken to the hospital after...

Gasoline fumes in engine compartment cause Stamford Harbor fire

Stamford, CT  — Fire officials say the blaze that destroyed four boats and Capt. John’s Tiki hut in the Stamford harbor Saturday — causing well over $500,000 in damage — stems from a dangerous design problem found in many motorboats. Just before 3:35 p.m. Chief Fire...

Propane explosion destroys Monroe County home

Coolbaugh Township, PA — A propane leak caused an explosion and fire that destroyed a Monroe County home Sunday afternoon, officials said. The homeowners were at work and escaped injury, Coolbaugh Township fire Chief Bill Weimer Jr. said. Firefighters were called to...

Authorities investigating natural gas explosion in Monroe

Monroe, LA — Authorities say there was a Natural Gas leak that caused an explosion at a house in the 1600 block of S. 2nd St. in Monroe. Officials say windows were blown out and there was one person in the house who was able to get out unharmed. The cause of the leak...

Eight people get seriously ill after carbon monoxide exposure on boat

Wyandotte, MI - What Wyandotte police originally thought might have been two people overdosing on the docks turned out to be eight people getting seriously ill after carbon monoxide exposure. The victims were discovered shortly after 9 p.m. Sept. 24 at Motor City...

Home explosion kills Georgia woman, injures 4

Blairsville, GA - An explosion from an accidental fire at a Union County home killed one woman and injured four others Tuesday afternoon. The Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner told FOX 5 the fire happened around 1 p.m. at the home on the 500 block of...

Girl killed in Oklahoma house explosion, parents and brother injured

Oklahoma City, OK - A girl was killed and her parents and brother were injured when their home in Oklahoma City exploded Thursday morning, fire officials said. The ages of the girl or her brother were not immediately released, but both are younger than 18, according...

Vinton home evacuated after carbon monoxide detected

Roanoke County, VA - A portable Carbon Monoxide monitor potentially saved lives in Roanoke County Wednesday. The Roanoke County Fire and Rescue Department said it was dispatched to Vinton just before noon for an EMS call. When the medic crew entered the home on Tulip...

Home explodes in Gypsum following gas leak

Gypsum, CO — A home exploded in Gypsum Thursday afternoon following a report of an underground gas leak in the Chatfield Corners neighborhood, according to a tweet from the Eagle County Sheriff's Office (ECSO). The explosion at 50 Cottonwood Pass Road was reported...

Wayne County Home Destroyed in an Explosion

Wayne County, PA - A woman is recovering after an explosion demolishes her Wayne County home. It happened Sunday on Tiffany Drive in Paupack Township. According to police reports, the victim is a 59 year-old woman who recently bought the home which had no heat or hot...

Tenn. grandmother killed, child injured after carbon monoxide exposure

Memphis, TN - A woman died Wednesday night and a child is in extremely critical condition after exposure to carbon monoxide at their apartment in East Memphis, officials said. WREG reported that a woman and her young grandson were found unresponsive by the child’s...