News

Carbon monoxide poisonings spike in winter storm-battered Texas

Houston, TX - Power outages in Texas have forced many to seek warmth in unconventional ways. Some are burning the artwork in their homes, and some are burning baby blocks. But others are resorting to more dangerous measures. People are using their grills, cars and...

Several escape house fire following reported explosion in Chapmantown

Chapmantown, CA  — Several people escaped a house fire that broke out in Chapmantown Friday morning. Neighbors reported hearing an explosion when the home caught fire around 7:45 a.m. on Jackson Street near Wisconsin Street. Nobody was injured and all eight people...

One person hospitalized after propane-caused home explosion in Lebanon

Lebanon, MO — One person is in the hospital after a propane tank explosion destroyed a home on Thursday, Feb. 18, at 117 Cedar Crest Drive in Lebanon. Lebanon Fire Chief Sam Schneider was on scene to help with searching for other victims. “At this point, we’ve also...

One injured in house explosion near Lewellen

Lewellen, NE — An investigation is underway after a house explosion in the Nebraska panhandle Tuesday evening. Garden County Sheriff Michelle Quinn tells News Channel Nebraska one person was airlifted to the hospital with burn injuries after a house near the Village...

Woman who lost power dies from carbon monoxide poisoning

Laurel County, KY - A Laurel County, Ky., woman died Tuesday and her family members were sickened by a build up of carbon monoxide in their home after they began using a generator when they lost electric power, police said. "The initial investigation revealed the home...

Four people hospitalized in Fort Worth carbon monoxide incident

Fort Worth, TX - People were taken to the hospital in what the Fort Worth Fire Department is calling a possible carbon monoxide incident. It happened at a home in the Stop Six neighborhood Monday around 6:30 p.m. The fire department is investigating whether the home...

Boat Explodes, Sinks In Richardson Bay; Injured Boater Rescued

Sausalito, CA - A boater was rescued after an explosion aboard a sailboat anchored in San Francisco Bay sank the vessel in waters off the Sausalito shoreline, authorities said Tuesday. The incident happened Sunday evening in Richardson Bay just off the Sausalito...

Carbon monoxide poisoning sends seven to Salem Hospital

Woodburn, OR  – Seven people were in the hospital Sunday night with carbon monoxide poisoning, according to Woodburn Fire Chief Joe Budge. Budge said Sunday three adults and four children were transported for care. "Just got off a conference call with PGE and they...

1 killed, 1 critical in Camden carbon monoxide poisoning: Officials

Camden, NJ -- One man is dead and another is in critical condition after they were poisoned by carbon monoxide at a home in Camden, New Jersey, authorities said. First responders were called to the 1500 block of Louis Street around 3 a.m. Saturday after a neighbor...

Victim identified in deadly carbon monoxide exposure in North Lubbock

Lubbock, TX - One person has died, another person poisoned after a carbon monoxide exposure at a home in North Lubbock, according to officials with Lubbock Fire Rescue. 71-year-old Santiago Rodriguez was found unresponsive by his son inside a home near 3rd and Flint....

Furnace malfunction leaves three dead in Coalport

Clearfield County, PA — Three people in Coalport were found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning. State police identified the victims as 67-year-old Robert McClellan, 57-year-old Brenda McClellan, and 68-year-old Ronald Jasper. Glendale Volunteer Fire Department,...