Bow, NH – The Hampton Inn in Bow was evacuated Tuesday night after elevated levels of carbon monoxide triggered alarms.

Bow Fire Chief Eliot Berman said the incident, which began shortly before 8:30 p.m., was traced to a problem with one of the hotel’s furnaces.

Guests spent a couple hours outside while fire department personnel went through the building. “We had to evaluate five or six individuals, but nobody was transported to the hospital,” the chief said. “Everybody was fine.”

Berman said the furnace involved was shut down, and firefighters ventilated the building.

Once carbon monoxide levels returned to acceptable levels, guests were allowed back inside shortly before 11 p.m., he said.