News

8 hospitalized after carbon monoxide incident in Shakopee

Shakopee, MN — Shakopee public safety officials say eight people are recovering after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning early Tuesday. A city spokesman says police were dispatched to a townhome on the 1500 block of Coneflower Lane after a resident called 911 to...

Child among 5 hospitalized in Queens carbon monoxide incident

New York, NY -- Five people, including a child, were hospitalized after a carbon monoxide incident in Queens. It happened around 1:30 p.m. on 198th Street and 115th Avenue in Jamaica. Firefighters and FDNY responded to the scene, where they discovered elevated levels...

6 hospitalized from carbon monoxide leak in Evanston church

Evanston, IL - Six people were hospitalized Sunday afternoon following a carbon monoxide leak in an Evanston church. About 12:40 p.m., fire crews responded to a call of a toddler unresponsive at Mount Pisgah Ministry in the 1800 block of Church Street. The carbon...

High levels of carbon monoxide discovered at Muskegon County home

Norton Shores, MI — Dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide were found at a Norton Shores residence by the Norton Shores Fire Department (NSFD). At 5:18 a.m. on December 19, 2021, Blue Shift Personnel were sent to a home in the 6500 block of Lake harbor Rd. in...

Selah police find 3 dead in possible carbon monoxide case

Selah, WA - Selah police are investigating the deaths of three people from possible carbon monoxide poisoning at a Speyers Road home. Selah police were called to the home around 1 p.m. Thursday, Chief Dan Christman said. One of the teenagers in the house called a...

Suspected gas leak causes home explosion in Vineland, 2 women hurt

Vineland, NJ - Authorities say two women were hurt when a suspected gas leak caused their South Jersey home to explode. Firefighters and emergency medical crews responded to a home on the 3700 block of Cornucopia Avenue around 12:30 p.m. Authorities say a woman, her...

Hermon house a total loss after propane tank explosion and fire

Hermon, ME - A Hermon house is a total loss after a propane tank exploded and the home caught on fire. The fire at 876 Blackstream Road was first called in at 6:16 p.m., Hermon Fire Capt. Chandler Corriveau said. The fire began with heavy flames in the backside of the...

Snowplow displaces eight after fire and explosion at Waupaca apartments

Waupaca, WI - Eight people escaped an apartment building fire this morning in Waupaca, without injury. Crews responded to a report of a gas leak at the Countryside Estates apartments on 517 Wisconsin St at 9:02 a.m. The apartment building is for the elderly and people...

Family safe after explosion triggers house fire near Wilber

Wilber, NE  — A southeast Nebraska family is safe after an explosion at their home set off a large fire. Wilber Fire and Rescue responded to reports of a fire about 13 miles west of Wilber on County Road 1200 shortly after 4:30 Wednesday afternoon. Fire Chief Scott...

Undetected carbon monoxide leak nearly kills family of 7

Summit County, CO  — A Summit County family is lucky to be alive, fire officials say, after they flipped on a faulty furnace that poured toxic fumes into their home. According to Summit Fire & EMS spokesman Steve Lipsher, a Summit County Sheriff’s deputy pulled...