Hunting Valley, OH – Dispatchers received a call from a Boston, Mass., security company shortly before 1 a.m. on July 20 concerning a carbon monoxide alarm that went off in a home.

The resident was contacted and reported that everything was OK, although firefighters arrived on the scene and detected elevated levels of the odorless, colorless and potentially deadly gas, formed by the incomplete combustion of fuels.

They were then advised to stay outside until an already dispatched Dominion East Ohio Gas crew checked the house and cleared it for re-entry.