News

2 teens recovering after being overcome by carbon monoxide

Great Barrington, MA - Two western Massachusetts teenagers are recovering after being found unresponsive in a home with high levels of carbon monoxide.Great Barrington fire officials say the teens were found Saturday and brought to a hospital. They are expected to...

Carbon monoxide triggers evacuation of Renton apartment complex

Renton, WA - An apartment complex was evacuated Thursday afternoon in Renton after sensors detected elevated levels of toxic carbon monoxide gas inside the building, emergency officials said.Firefighters and medics were dispatched to the scene, at 95 Burnett Ave....

Seven being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in Harrison Twp.

Montgomery County, OH - Seven people, including three children, are being treated for monoxide poisoning after the gas was discovered in a Harrison Township home Tuesday afternoon.The incident happened around 12:30 pm Tuesday in the 4400 block of Canyon Road in...

CO leak prompts evacuation of Ossining nursing home

Ossining, NY - An apparent carbon monoxide leak forced the evacuation of a nursing home in Ossining Saturday evening.Sources tell News 12 that construction caused the leak at Bethel Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Ossining.Nursing home visitors, who did not want...

Carbon monoxide leak at Taco Bell in Columbia

Columbia, IL - Two people were transported to an area hospital following a carbon monoxide leak at Taco Bell, 200 Columbia Centre, in Columbia on Tuesday morning.Columbia police, fire and EMS personnel responded about 10:30 a.m. The restaurant was evacuated as fire...

Propane leak causes fire at Rutland hotel

Rutland, VT - Crews put out a fire at the Holiday Inn in Rutland Monday night that was caused by a propane leak.Guests staying at the hotel smelled propane and called emergency crews around 11 p.m. Officials say the propane caught fire in the boiler room soon after...

Explosion at Kensington home injures three

Kensington, NY - Three people were injured — one seriously — after a reported home explosion in Kensington on Monday afternoon.The blaze broke out just before 1:30 p.m. after an explosion occurred on the first floor of 820 Friel Place, according to fire department...

Victims identified in Richmond home explosion

Richmond, NY - The victims of a home explosion Tuesday were identified Thursday as Eric Higham, 80, and his wife, Gail A. Higham, 70. The couple died in the blast that fire investigators determined was the result of a propane leak into the interior of the residence,...

Kids among 5 sickened by carbon monoxide in W. Houston

Houston, TX- 5 men and women, such as two small children, were being rushed to the healthcare facility with carbon monoxide poisoning in west Houston.Firefighters had been called to their rental in the 2500 block of Previous Farm Highway around Westheimer all-around...

Oklahoma man, 3-year-old granddaughter recovering after home explosion

Maud, OK - A man and his granddaughter are in a fight for their lives after a possible gas leak caused the home they were inside to explode.Don Osteen and 3-year-old Paetyn were having lunch on Thursday when the explosion happened.Now, family members are taking to...

Keyless ignition blamed in carbon monoxide poisoning of Green man

Green, OH - Raymond Pulliam couldn't sleep.He tried, but his home's carbon monoxide alarm would always rouse him.He didn't see a problem. He didn't feel sick. There were no obvious signs.His calls to Green firefighters confirmed the mystery."No, that's one thing...