News

Carbon monoxide at Jorgenson’s in Helena sends five to hospital

Helena, MT - Five people including four guests of Jorgenson's Inn & Suites were transported to St. Peter's Health for carbon monoxide exposure late Thursday night, after a leak was found emanating from the hotel's pool heater. Helena Fire Department responded to...

1 dead, 2 flown to hospital after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

Icard, NC — Investigators believe carbon monoxide poisoning might have killed a 50-year-old man and made two others so sick they had to be airlifted to a hospital in Burke County last weekend. It happened in a camper along Fox Drive, south of Icard, on Feb. 1....

Elderly Somerville Resident Saved By Carbon Monoxide Alarm

SOMERVILLE, MA — An elderly resident was saved by a carbon monoxide detector installed under a grant program, according to the Somerville Fire Department. Firefighters were called to a Central Street home to investigate a fire alarm and found a carbon monoxide...

Carbon Monoxide incident closes Marblehead School

Boston, MA - Two people were taken to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston after emergency crews responded Friday morning to a possible carbon monoxide incident at Coffin Elementary School. The school was closed after the incident for the remainder of the school...

Man Injured In Ice House Explosion On Lake Of The Woods

LAKE OF THE WOODS, MN -  A man was injured in a propane explosion at an ice house on Lake of the Woods. Brandon Marudas, 36 of Warroad and formerly of Big Lake Minnesota was on Lake of the Woods filling propane tanks on Wednesday, January 22nd when he was injured in...

Propane explosion ignites house

Seeley Lake, MT – Tuesday night, Jan. 21 the Seeley Lake Fire Department was paged out to a structure fire on Leota Peak Court. When Fire Chief Dave Lane arrived, the family was outside. They explained that there was a propane explosion. No one was injured and while...

25 people hospitalized after Donnelly carbon monoxide leak

Donnelly, ID — A majority of the 25 people taken to the hospital Monday morning following a carbon monoxide leak in Donnelly have been treated and released. Fifteen of those sickened were children. First responders at 6:27 a.m. arrived at a vacation home where the...

Deputies: Carbon monoxide poisoning may have killed elderly NSB couple

New Smyrna Beach, FL - An elderly New Smyrna Beach couple found dead in their condo on Sunday possibly died of carbon monoxide poisoning, investigators with the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office said. Authorities were called to the Sea Winds condominiums, 4875 S....

Selma family, pets poisoned by carbon monoxide

Selma, NC — A community is raising money to help a family of four that was poisoned by carbon monoxide after they used a generator to heat their home Friday night. According to firefighters, the family had no electricity at their home on Jordan Narron Road and used a...

2 dead after propane explosion in northern Minnesota

Itasca County, MN - Two people are dead after an explosion in rural Itasca County in northern Minnesota. The explosion happened just before 7:30 a.m. Thursday with the sheriff's office being alerted by a 911 caller who reported a structure fire near Turtle Lake. The...

Man found dead in Cameron County

Cameron County, TX — Authorities found a Cameron County man dead on Thursday morning. Officials received a call at around 6 a.m. and responded to the corner of Lovelace Ave. and Santa Rosa Ave., south of Santa Maria High School. At the scene, authorities found an...