Baltimore, MD — Baltimore City fire officials say dozens of residents were evacuated from four apartment buildings in Northwest Baltimore after extremely high levels of carbon monoxide were detected on Sunday.

Fire crews were called to the 3800 block of Clarks lane just before 8 a.m. where they found carbon monoxide present and quickly evacuated around 60 people from the building

One adult and two children were taken to the hospital as a result of the incident but their conditions are not known at this time.

Baltimore City Firefighters along with crews from BG&E are working to determine the cause of the carbon monoxide.