News

Official: 6 treated after carbon monoxide leak in Amityville home

Amityville, NY - High carbon monoxide levels at an Amityville home that also serves as a day care sent four children and two adults to a hospital Sunday morning, fire officials said.A call came in about 10 a.m. to the North Amityville Fire Department about occupants...

High CO levels lead to evacuation of New London apartment building

New London, CT - High carbon monoxide readings led to the evacuation of a Truman Street apartment building on Friday, and a utility company employee was taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide exposure.New London firefighters responded to 36 Truman St. on Friday...

Apparent carbon monoxide poisoning leaves 1 dead, 2 critical

Springfield, MI - Authorities say an 11-year-old girl has died and two adults are in critical condition due to apparent carbon monoxide poisoning at a home in southern Michigan where a generator was being used.The Calhoun County sheriff's department says the girl died...

Three hospitalized after carbon monoxide exposure

South Hadley, MA - Two adults and a child were hospitalized because of a carbon monoxide leak on Main Street early Tuesday morning.The gas leak was caused by an unattached vent pipe on a heating unit in the house's basement, Fire District 1 Chief Robert Authier said....

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Suspected in Death of Woman in Whittier

Whittier, CA - Carbon monoxide poisoning was suspected after a woman was found dead inside an Uptown Whittier apartment on Thursday afternoon, authorities said.The woman, estimated to be in her 70s, was found unresponsive about 1 p.m. in her unit at the Hoover Hotel...

Carbon Monoxide Leak at Broome Street Bodega Sickens 5 People

New York, NY - Carbon monoxide levels spiked at a Broome Street bodega early yesterday morning, sickening five people.The purported gas leak happened at the Optimum Gourmet Deli on the ground floor of 243 Broome. Firefighters rushed to the store at 7:40am. Five were...

Area man dies of CO poisoning

Green Township, IN - Emergency officials warned area residents of risks of carbon monoxide poisoning in the wake of the death of a Green Township man, attributed to exposure to the colorless, odorless and tasteless gas in his home.State police this week reported that...

5 Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Incident On Lower East Side

New York, NY - At least five people were sickened by carbon monoxide Tuesday on the Lower East Side.The FDNY responded around 7:40 a.m. to a seven-story apartment building on Broome Street near Ludlow Street.Firefighters detected high levels of carbon monoxide inside...

Family safe after faulty furnace sets off carbon monoxide alarms

Worthington, MN - A Worthington family is breathing easier after replacing its furnace Tuesday morning and installing new batteries in all of its carbon monoxide detectors.Bryant and Brittany Schroeder were at work — and their children at school — Monday when...

Carbon monoxide sickens passengers at DC holiday boat parade

Washington, DC - Eight people were transported to a hospital after a carbon monoxide leak on a ship participating in D.C.'s annual holiday boat parade on Saturday evening.Around 7 p.m. Saturday, D.C. Fire and EMS officials received a call over marine radio from a...

3 treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in Perham

Perham, MN - Three people were taken to Perham Health this morning suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.Sue Von Ruden, the Community Relations Director at Perham Health, said that "all three people were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning and then...