News

Carbon monoxide poisoning at hotel; 7 in critical condition

Marysville, OH — Seven people were hospitalized in critical condition Saturday after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning at a Hampton Inn in Ohio, officials said. A total of nine people were taken to local hospitals, according to The Columbus Dispatch. Marysville...

Carbon monoxide poisoning believed to have caused deaths near Weir

Weir, MS - Carbon monoxide poisoning is believed to have caused the deaths of two people in Choctaw County. According to Choctaw County Deputy Sheriff Dillon Cates, a family member discovered the two inside a home in the Weir area before 2 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 18. The...

1 seriously injured in Queens carbon monoxide incident: FDNY

New York, NY  – One person was hospitalized following a carbon monoxide incident at a Queens building early Tuesday, authorities said. Emergency responders were called to a building in the vicinity of 92nd Street and Roosevelt Avenue just before 1:30 a.m., FDNY...

Boat explosion in Englewood injures one man

Englewood, FL - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission reported that a man was seriously burned after an explosion and fire aboard a boat as it was leaving dock at Indian Mound Park in Englewood Saturday. The 44-year-old man operating the boat, who...

Carbon Monoxide leak sparks evacuation in northeast Atlanta

Atlanta, GA  -- Fire crews are working to control a carbon monoxide leak in northeast Atlanta Sunday night. At approximately 5 p.m., firefighters were dispatched near the 3000 block of Lenox Road NE responding to high levels of carbon monoxide. Firefighters on the...

2 brothers die in carbon monoxide incident, family says

Brandywine, MD — Two brothers were killed by carbon monoxide poisoning when they attempted to use a generator placed inside their house to heat and power it during an extended outage in Brandywine, according to family members. Prince George’s County Fire & EMS...

Two die of carbon monoxide poisoning in Adams County

Abbottstown, PA - Two people are dead of carbon monoxide poisoning in Adams County, according to Pennsylvania State Police Trooper Megan Ammerman. Police were dispatched to the 100 block of Woods Road in Abbottstown on Jan. 2 and found four victims, all unconscious. A...

Person rescued from carbon monoxide filled Fayetteville home

Fayetteville, NC -  A person was rescued from a carbon monoxide-filled Fayetteville home Saturday after a vehicle was left running in an enclosed garage. Firefighters were called to the 5500 block of Glenrock Drive by a neighbor who heard a carbon monoxide detector...