Lolo, MT – One man is in St. Patrick Hospital with severe burns over half his body after a gas explosion that occurred in Lolo late Monday night.
Mike Bowman, Battalion Chief with Missoula Rural Fire reported that crews were dispatched to a residence on Manor Boulevard near Lolo for a crawl space on fire with one person still trapped inside.
Moments later, someone called 9-1-1 to let firefighters know that everyone had escaped from the home, but one person suffered severe burns.
The victim was quickly transported via ambulance to Missoula’s St. Patrick Hospital where he is being treated for burns to over half of his body.
Missoula Rural Fire reported that no injuries occurred to the three other occupants of the home.
Fire crews were able to quickly knock down the flames in the crawl space and check to see if the fire had spread to other areas of the home.
Chief Bowman said four engines, three water tenders, two ambulances, a ladder truck, and two command vehicles responded to the scene.
Missoula Rural Fire was grateful for the assistance of Florence Fire, Missoula Emergency Services, the Missoula County Sheriff’s Office, and Missoula Electric Co-op who all responded to the scene.
The burn victim remains in St. Patrick Hospital where his condition is unknown.