News

4 people hospitalized due to high level of carbon monoxide in home

Franklin County, PA - Four people were taken to area hospitals after high levels of carbon monoxide were found inside a Franklin County home, according to officials with the Franklin Fire Company.Emergency responders were called about 6:44 p.m. to a home on Wren Court...

Explosion, fire damage Nanticoke home

Nanticoke, PA - An explosion and fire caused extensive damage to a home in the 100 block of West Church Street in the city Sunday evening.Fire Captain Mark Boncal said there was a strong odor of natural gas in the area prior to the blast at about 6:20 p.m.A property...

House explosion reported in Columbia, Illinois

Columbia, IL- Firefighters received a call at 7:45 a.m. Friday for a house explosion in Columbia, Ill.KMOX listeners said they could see flames shooting from a home in the 100 block Lookout Drive, near IL Route 3 and IL Route 158.Columbia Fire Chief Mike Rodeiger said...

State College building evacuated due to high levels of carbon monoxide

State College, PA - Apartment tenants were reported safe Wednesday morning after high levels of carbon monoxide were found in their building.The Alpha Fire Company was called out to a converted apartment building on 134 South Gill Street (near downtown State College)...

2 teens recovering after being overcome by carbon monoxide

Great Barrington, MA - Two western Massachusetts teenagers are recovering after being found unresponsive in a home with high levels of carbon monoxide.Great Barrington fire officials say the teens were found Saturday and brought to a hospital. They are expected to...

Propane tank causes explosion at church

Lawrence County, OH - No one was hurt after a church's fellowship building exploded Sunday evening.A propane tank leak caused an explosion at a church in Lawrence County, Ohio.It happened at the Lick Creek Baptist Church along County Road 15 just outside of South...

Carbon Monoxide Leak Forces Evacuation Of DuPage County Hockey Venue

Glen Ellyn, IL - A hockey and ice skating venue near Glen Ellyn was evacuated Sunday evening due to what witnesses said was a carbon monoxide leak.The Glen Ellyn Volunteer Fire Company was called to the Center Ice of DuPage, at 1-N-450 Highland Ave. in unincorporated...

Carbon monoxide triggers evacuation of Renton apartment complex

Renton, WA - An apartment complex was evacuated Thursday afternoon in Renton after sensors detected elevated levels of toxic carbon monoxide gas inside the building, emergency officials said.Firefighters and medics were dispatched to the scene, at 95 Burnett Ave....

Seven being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in Harrison Twp.

Montgomery County, OH - Seven people, including three children, are being treated for monoxide poisoning after the gas was discovered in a Harrison Township home Tuesday afternoon.The incident happened around 12:30 pm Tuesday in the 4400 block of Canyon Road in...

CO leak prompts evacuation of Ossining nursing home

Ossining, NY - An apparent carbon monoxide leak forced the evacuation of a nursing home in Ossining Saturday evening.Sources tell News 12 that construction caused the leak at Bethel Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Ossining.Nursing home visitors, who did not want...