News

3 people injured in Wyoming food truck explosion

Afton, WY – Authorities are investigating a food truck explosion in Afton, Wyoming. Afton Police Chief Jason Romberg told SVI News the Cowboy Cookin’ food trailer at the Lincoln County Fairgrounds caught fire around 8:30 a.m. Monday. “We received word of an...

10 boaters overcome by carbon monoxide in Lake MI

South Haven, MI — Authorities say 10 people were overcome by carbon monoxide on a 32-foot boat on Lake Michigan. South Haven Area Emergency Services received a distress call from a captain who was unable to operate the boat, traveling from St. Joseph to South Haven,...

Two mariners jump into Lake St. Clair after boats catch fire, explode

Lake St. Clair, MI - Jason and Amanda Anderson were celebrating Amanda's father's 64th birthday Tuesday night at a waterfront eatery in St. Clair Shores when they heard a couple of loud booms. "Everyone thought it was fireworks," Amanda Anderson said, as she tended to...

Carbon monoxide leak sickens Fond du Lac warehouse workers

Fond du Lac, WI — Fire officials in Fond du Lac say a carbon monoxide leak sickened workers Monday at a Quality Packaging warehouse. Crews were sent around 2:30 p.m. on a report of a possible carbon monoxide leak and workers feeling ill. Fire crews began to treat...

4 die from carbon monoxide poisoning

Edinburg, TX - Edinburg police announced Tuesday morning that four family members died from carbon monoxide poisoning in the 2000 block of Woodstone Dr. One family member was rushed to the hospital. “With further investigation, it appears there was no foul play and...

Fire destroys Mount Jackson farmhouse

Mount Jackson, VA - A suspected explosion from a propane tank leak destroyed a house in Mount Jackson on Sunday evening but no injuries were reported, officials with the Shenandoah County Fire and Rescue Department said Monday. Deputy Chief of Operations Bill Streett...

Water Heater Leaks Carbon Monoxide Into Acton Home

Acton, MA — Two Acton residents have their carbon monoxide detectors to thank after their home started to fill with the dangerous gas, and they made it out just in time. The Acton Fire Department responded to the call about on Wednesday morning to the home on...

Three fire departments respond to explosion at Rocheleau Meats

Cheboygan, WI — On Wednesday afternoon, three local fire departments worked together to put out a fire at Rocheleau Meats on Townline Road, in Inverness Township, just outside the City of Cheboygan. Shortly after 4:30 p.m. on July 22, the Inverness Fire Department was...

Carbon monoxide leak forces evacuation of College Station apartments

College Station, TX - Sixteen units at a College Station apartment complex were evacuated Tuesday afternoon due to a carbon monoxide leak. According to College Station Fire Department spokesman Stuart Marrs, first responders were sent to the Sundance Apartments at 811...

2 men with burn injuries in San Pedro boat fire

Los Angeles, CA - Two men were burned after a fire ignited on a 25-foot pleasure craft docked in San Pedro on Saturday afternoon, authorities said. A 78-year-old man was in serious condition, while a 45-year-old man was in fair condition, as both were hospitalized...

Juvenile’s arm, leg burned in boat fire at Wisconsin campground

Town of Draper, WI -- A juvenile is recovering after suffering burns in a boat fire at a northwestern Wisconsin campground. It happened Tuesday night at the Black Lake Campground in Sawyer County. The 46-year-old boat operator said when he tried starting the boat...

Second victim dies from injuries in Chippewa County house explosion

Chippewa County, WI - One person was killed and another injured in a house explosion Monday morning in Chippewa County. It happened at a home on County Line Road, just north of Eau Claire. Sheriff Jim Kowalczyk said they believe only two people were in the home at the...

Parents relieved to find children safe after carbon monoxide incident

Mount Horeb, WI – Five construction workers were hospitalized after a carbon monoxide incident at a Mount Horeb daycare center, while 54 children were evaluated and released to their families Thursday, according to the Mount Horeb Area Joint Fire Department. Three...