News

Explosion at Kensington home injures three

Kensington, NY - Three people were injured — one seriously — after a reported home explosion in Kensington on Monday afternoon.The blaze broke out just before 1:30 p.m. after an explosion occurred on the first floor of 820 Friel Place, according to fire department...

Victims identified in Richmond home explosion

Richmond, NY - The victims of a home explosion Tuesday were identified Thursday as Eric Higham, 80, and his wife, Gail A. Higham, 70. The couple died in the blast that fire investigators determined was the result of a propane leak into the interior of the residence,...

Kids among 5 sickened by carbon monoxide in W. Houston

Houston, TX- 5 men and women, such as two small children, were being rushed to the healthcare facility with carbon monoxide poisoning in west Houston.Firefighters had been called to their rental in the 2500 block of Previous Farm Highway around Westheimer all-around...

Keyless ignition blamed in carbon monoxide poisoning of Green man

Green, OH - Raymond Pulliam couldn't sleep.He tried, but his home's carbon monoxide alarm would always rouse him.He didn't see a problem. He didn't feel sick. There were no obvious signs.His calls to Green firefighters confirmed the mystery."No, that's one thing...

Oklahoma man, 3-year-old granddaughter recovering after home explosion

Maud, OK - A man and his granddaughter are in a fight for their lives after a possible gas leak caused the home they were inside to explode.Don Osteen and 3-year-old Paetyn were having lunch on Thursday when the explosion happened.Now, family members are taking to...

Stove responsible for carbon monoxide leak at Avondale

Avondale, OH - A cook stove was determined to be the cause of a gas leak that sent 10 people to the hospital Sunday night from Avondale Youth Center.Director Gary King said just before 8 p.m., the carbon monoxide detectors alerted staff to a problem inside the...

5 hospitalized by carbon monoxide poisoning in Mukilteo

Mukilteo, WA - Five people were hospitalized Wednesday after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, Mukilteo Fire officials said.Medics were called to the 11000 block of Chennault Beach Road around 4 a.m. after getting a report of a medical emergency. Upon arrival,...