News

Washington County House Destroyed In Natural Gas Explosion

Washington County, PA - A home was obliterated on Wednesday following a natural gas explosion in North Franklin Township, Washington County.The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports the explosion happened in the 100 block of Park Lane, near Trinity High School.Many nearby...

Investigators: Accumulating natural gas led to house blast

Charlotte, NC - Investigators say natural gas accumulated in a house in North Carolina for several days before a fatal explosion.News outlets report the Charlotte Fire Department says the gas ignited within a few minutes of the residents entering the house on July 2,...

Gas explosion at Streamwood home injures contractor

Streamwood, IL- A contractor was injured Monday in an explosion caused by leaking gas in the basement of a townhouse in northwest suburban Streamwood.Firefighters were called about 4 p.m. to a report of an explosion and blown out windows at a building on Shagbark...

Carbon Monoxide leak found at Hilton Garden Inn in Estero

Estero, FL - After responding to the Hilton Garden Inn located at Alico Road and Ben Hill Griffin Parkway, San Carlos Park Fire confirmed the gas leak was found.The gas leak was in the hotel's boiler room, San Carlos Park Fire said. The gas alarm went off and the...

Crews battle boat fire on Lake Winnipesaukee

Laconia, NH - Fire crews responded to Lake Winnipesaukee after a boat engine exploded, sparking fierce flames.The fire broke out just before 4 p.m. near Weirs Beach when its engine compartment exploded and shot into the air, sending plumes of dark smoke rising into...

Six people injured after a boat catches fire in Naples

Naples, FL - Six people are injured after a boat caught fire at 909 10th St South in Naples.Naples Fire and Rescue said one person was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital with serious injuries. Two others were taken to Naples area hospitals.The boat was leaving the...

Jackson County SAR; boating-related deaths in Oregon hits ten-year high

Emigrant Lake, OR- EMIGRANT LAKE, Ore. — After a beautiful week, many locals may be heading to lakes and rivers to beat the heat this weekend.But with boating-related deaths on the rise across Oregon, marine deputies want to remind you to always be safe and prepared...

Gas fumes, oxygen tanks fueled fatal fire

Clark County, KS - A natural gas leak and oxygen tanks may have both fueled a fire and explosion that killed a Clark County man Tuesday afternoon.The victim was identified as 72-year-old Michael Snowden, according to the Clark County Sheriff's Office. Snowden's wife...

1 Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak In Reston: Report

Reston, VA - One person was hospitalized after a reported carbon monoxide leak in Reston.Fairfax County Fire and Rescue tweeted at 1:23 p.m. that they were in the 11000 block of Sunset Hills Road due to high carbon monoxide readings at a building under...

Two B. Bay People Taken To Hospital With Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Buzzards Bay, MA - Two people were taken to the hospital to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after they left a vehicle running in their garage, according to fire officials.Bourne Assistant Fire Chief David S. Cody said that firefighters responded to a call at...

One person hurt after gas leak & explosion in Eau Claire

Eau Claire, WI - The Eau Claire Fire Department responded to an appliance fire and explosion that hurt one person.It happened just before 5 p.m. at the Gyro King in the 300 block of Water Street.Crews say nothing was showing from the structure, but they could smell...

Gas Explosion in Oak Bluffs Sends One to Hospital

Oak Bluffs, MA - An early morning propane explosion in Oak Bluffs sent one person to the hospital and damaged a home in the Camp Ground Monday morning.The explosion happened at about 6:30 a.m. in a newly renovated Camp Ground home on Central avenue, according to Oak...

Man dies from injuries after Topeka home explosion

Topeka, KS - A man injured by a home explosion and fire has died according to the Topeka Fire Department.On July 8th a home in the 200 block of NW Knox Ave burst into flames after an explosion. Topeka fire investigators believe it was caused by a natural gas leak.A...

8 hospitalized after carbon monoxide incident in Blaine home

Blaine, MN - This morning a residential home in Blaine experienced a carbon monoxide incident that resulted in eight people needing treatment.At 6:40 a.m. July 19 the Blaine Police Department and the Spring Lake Park-Blaine-Mounds View Fire Department were dispatched...