Coleman, TX – Coleman Fire and ambulance units responded to the 500 block of West 14th Street this morning to a reported carbon monoxide poisoning call.
ColemanTODAY.com talked to Duston Crawford, Assistant Fire Chief, Coleman Fire Department, who shared the following information.
“We received a call around 6 o’clock this morning, maybe a little after, it was reported as a man having a stroke. We made it on scene, walked in the front door and found signs of carbon monoxide smell. We backed out of the structure, put on air, made entry back into the house, found four patients and removed all of them. They were transported by ground to Coleman County Medical Center by Lifeguard EMS. Upon investigation, trying to determine what caused the carbon monoxide, which this is still a pending investigation, but we located a small, smoldering fire in the attic,” Crawford said. The incident remains under investigation by Coleman Fire Department.
The condition of those taken to the hospital was not known.