News

Carbon monoxide leak sickens Fond du Lac warehouse workers

Fond du Lac, WI — Fire officials in Fond du Lac say a carbon monoxide leak sickened workers Monday at a Quality Packaging warehouse. Crews were sent around 2:30 p.m. on a report of a possible carbon monoxide leak and workers feeling ill. Fire crews began to treat...

4 die from carbon monoxide poisoning

Edinburg, TX - Edinburg police announced Tuesday morning that four family members died from carbon monoxide poisoning in the 2000 block of Woodstone Dr. One family member was rushed to the hospital. “With further investigation, it appears there was no foul play and...

Fire destroys Mount Jackson farmhouse

Mount Jackson, VA - A suspected explosion from a propane tank leak destroyed a house in Mount Jackson on Sunday evening but no injuries were reported, officials with the Shenandoah County Fire and Rescue Department said Monday. Deputy Chief of Operations Bill Streett...

Water Heater Leaks Carbon Monoxide Into Acton Home

Acton, MA — Two Acton residents have their carbon monoxide detectors to thank after their home started to fill with the dangerous gas, and they made it out just in time. The Acton Fire Department responded to the call about on Wednesday morning to the home on...

Three fire departments respond to explosion at Rocheleau Meats

Cheboygan, WI — On Wednesday afternoon, three local fire departments worked together to put out a fire at Rocheleau Meats on Townline Road, in Inverness Township, just outside the City of Cheboygan. Shortly after 4:30 p.m. on July 22, the Inverness Fire Department was...

Carbon monoxide leak forces evacuation of College Station apartments

College Station, TX - Sixteen units at a College Station apartment complex were evacuated Tuesday afternoon due to a carbon monoxide leak. According to College Station Fire Department spokesman Stuart Marrs, first responders were sent to the Sundance Apartments at 811...

2 men with burn injuries in San Pedro boat fire

Los Angeles, CA - Two men were burned after a fire ignited on a 25-foot pleasure craft docked in San Pedro on Saturday afternoon, authorities said. A 78-year-old man was in serious condition, while a 45-year-old man was in fair condition, as both were hospitalized...

Juvenile’s arm, leg burned in boat fire at Wisconsin campground

Town of Draper, WI -- A juvenile is recovering after suffering burns in a boat fire at a northwestern Wisconsin campground. It happened Tuesday night at the Black Lake Campground in Sawyer County. The 46-year-old boat operator said when he tried starting the boat...

Second victim dies from injuries in Chippewa County house explosion

Chippewa County, WI - One person was killed and another injured in a house explosion Monday morning in Chippewa County. It happened at a home on County Line Road, just north of Eau Claire. Sheriff Jim Kowalczyk said they believe only two people were in the home at the...

Parents relieved to find children safe after carbon monoxide incident

Mount Horeb, WI – Five construction workers were hospitalized after a carbon monoxide incident at a Mount Horeb daycare center, while 54 children were evaluated and released to their families Thursday, according to the Mount Horeb Area Joint Fire Department. Three...

5-year-old taken to hospital after collapsing at Apache Lake

Phoenix, AZ - A 5-year-old child was taken to the hospital after collapsing at Apache Lake, officials said Friday. The girl was reportedly in full cardiac arrest when Rural Metro got the call. A doctor who was at the lake did CPR on the child and got them breathing by...

16 Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning On Boat

Port Jefferson, NY – Sixteen people were taken to the hospital after being exposed to carbon monoxide on a private boat Sunday afternoon, Suffolk police said. Captain Ryan, a 35-foot boat, was traveling from City Island in the Bronx to Port Jefferson when numerous...

Doctor warns people of carbon monoxide poisoning from boating

Topeka, KS - With temperatures rising, more people are boating on area lakes and it could lead to an increase in carbon monoxide if not careful. Shane McGinley said he stays prepared when he's driving the boat. He said, "One of the things we always make sure we do...