Alma, NY — New York State Police said Tuesday a natural gas leak may have caused a fatal house explosion Saturday in Allegany County.
Troopers and other emergency responders were called to a home at 6326 County Route 18 in the town of Bolivar at 12:15 p.m. Saturday for a report of a house fire and explosion.
One body was recovered from the scene, troopers said Sunday. On Tuesday, they identified the deceased as Dan Michael Church, 71, a resident of the home.
According to an obituary published in Wednesday’s Times Herald, Church is survived by a wife and two children.