News

2 people injured after house explosion in Grady County, officials say

Grady County, OK — Two people were injured after authorities said a house exploded Saturday evening in Grady County. According to Grady County Fire Department officials, firefighters responded around 6 p.m. Saturday to a report of a residential house explosion with...

Five sickened in Wakefield, Neb. carbon monoxide leak

Wakefield, NE -- Five individuals were sickened in a carbon monoxide leak at a Wakefield establishment Friday night. At around 10:27 p.m. Friday, Wakefield Fire and Rescue was dispatched to Countyline Lanes and Dining, 311 Main St., "for a suspected gas leak with...

Gas leak likely caused Peoria County home explosion

Peoria County, IL -- Chillicothe Fire Chief Marvin Roderick said he is 95 percent certain that a propane gas leak caused a home near Chillicothe to explode Tuesday afternoon. Small flames and smoke continued to rise from the explosion site Wednesday afternoon. The...

Nearly 100 evacuated from Madison shelter early Wednesday

Madison, WI - Nearly 100 people were evacuated from a Madison shelter, just hours after an overnight storm dropped several inches of snow on the city. The evacuation effort began around 4:30 a.m., shortly after a staff member detected a gas odor so potent that one...

York carbon monoxide poisoning victims sent home

York, ME — The five people transported to area hospitals after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning on Christmas Eve were all home in time for the holiday. York Village Fire Chief Chris Balentine said they and the fire marshal will return to 23A Witchtrot Road, the...