Bedford, VA  – The Bedford Fire Department is on the scene of an incident where officials say a propane leak happened Friday night.

At about 6:45 p.m., fire crews reported to Harmony Crossing Drive where they detected high levels of carbon monoxide following a propane leak.

Officials say crews immediately began evacuating a total of nine people out of a U.S. Army training center.

Eight patients were transported to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital and Lynchburg General Hospital. However, one person refused treatment.

We’re told the leak was from an oven.