COLUMBUS, Ohio (WSYX) – A home explosion in South Columbus was caused by a natural gas leak, the Columbus Divison of Fire confirmed to ABC6/FOX28 on Tuesday.

Columbus Fire responded to a structure fire at 2704 Shelly Drive around 12:44 p.m. on Sunday, November 14. One person was taken to Ohio State University Hospital in stable condition. No other injuries were immediately reported.

Columbus Fire confirmed on Tuesday that the cause of the explosion was a natural gas leak line located in the attic space.

"Because the leak was in the attic, the occupants of the home were unable to detect the presence of natural gas," said Assistant Public Information Officer Rebecca Diehm.

Columbus Fire did not provide an update on the patient’s condition.