Washington, DC – D.C. officials confirmed that two adults and a child were hospitalized after exposure to high carbon monoxide levels in their homes.

D.C. Fire and EMS were initially sent to the 1200 block of Raum Street in Northeast for a alleged gas leak on Sunday afternoon.

When first responders arrived, officers said they found dangerously high levels of natural gas and carbon monoxide in two buildings.

Crews also found some individuals in the homes with non-life-threatening exposure to the carbon monoxide, which can look like symptoms of the flu.

Since carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless gas, residents without proper furnace maintenance during the winter months could be at risk for exposure.

Officials confirmed that six adults, one child and three pets were also displaced as a result of the incident.


A house exploded overnight in the Cypress Hills section of Brooklyn sending a massive fireball into the street. A large fire ensued.

At least six people were injured after the explosion and fire at 58 Vermont Street, said the FDNY. Two people were home when the explosion occurred in the basement just after midnight. They were able to escape.