News

Five evaluated after carbon monoxide leak in Marion home

Marion, IA — Five people were taken to the hospital to be checked out after a carbon monoxide leak was found in their home. First responders were called to 2390 27th Street in Marion just before 8:30 Tuesday morning and confirmed high levels of carbon monoxide in the...

Neighbor rescues man after home explosion and fire, officials say

San Antonio, TX — A man is in the hospital with extensive burns after a natural gas explosion destroyed a home on the southeast side, the San Antonio Fire Department said. The explosion happened around 9:30 p.m. Sunday at a home on East Highland Avenue. Residents said...

Woman taken to hospital following carbon monoxide exposure in Miami

Miami, FL - A woman had to be taken to the hospital after being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide in Miami. City of Miami Fire Rescue units first responded to the scene along the 3400 block of Northwest 36th Street, at around 1:30 p.m., Friday. According to...

1 adult, 1 child injured in carbon monoxide incident in Reynoldsburg

Reynoldsburg, OH — Two people were taken to the hospital following a carbon monoxide incident in Reynoldsburg on Tuesday. The Columbus Division of Fire responding to a report of carbon monoxide in the 6000 block of Gemstar Road. One person was taken to Grant Medical...

3 people, 3 dogs found dead in Story County mobile home park

Collins, IA - Authorities launched a death investigation Tuesday after three people died at a mobile home park in Collins. The Story County Sheriff’s Department said it conducted a welfare check at Cole Village Trailer Park around 8:30 a.m. Upon arrival, authorities...

3 hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning in northeast Lincoln

Lincoln, NE - Lincoln Police say three people were sent to the hospital early this morning after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. LPD says that University Police and LFR were responding to a woman who was ‘incoherent’ and indicated she had come from a...

Strasburg family safe after nighttime emergency

Strasburg, OH - Matt and Melanie Neidenthal have reasons to be thankful. The fact that the family is safe is at the top of the list. The Neidenthal family was expecting to celebrate Matt’s 53rd birthday on April 1. Instead, most of the family was taken by ambulance to...

Woman dies after carbon monoxide exposure from stove on Sunday

Washington, DC — Fire officials said a woman is dead after being exposed to carbon monoxide on Sunday morning. D.C. Fire and EMS were called just before 9:45 a.m. to the 100 block of Kenilworth Avenue in Northeast for a medical emergency. Once on scene, first...

3 people severely burned during propane tank explosion near Manor

Travis County, TX  — The explosion of a propane tank on Thursday night resulted in the severe burn injuries of three people near Manor. Austin-Travis County EMS and local fire and police departments responded to the scene in the 11400 block of Austex Acres Lane around...

Propane leak suspected in blast, fire that killed woman, 83

Edison,NE — An 83-year-old woman was killed by an explosion and fire at her rural residence in south-central Nebraska, authorities said. Firefighters from Edison and Oxford put out the fire Friday at the property northeast of Edison before flames could spread from an...