Lawrenceville, PA — A gas leak caused a house to explode and catch fire, sending an occupant to the hospital.

Scott Banfiled said a gas leak is the suspected cause of an explosion at his home at 70 Junction Cross Road around 2 p.m. Monday, Nov. 7.

His wife, Valerie, was working in her home office at the time of the explosion. The incident blew out the end walls of the two-story home. Valerie Banfiled sustained superficial burns to her legs and was transported to a hospital for treatment.

In addition, the house, which is located across from the Williamson High School/R.B. Walter Elementary School complex, caught fire. Crews from Lawrenceville, Tioga, Mansfield, Gang Mills, Lindley, Millerton and Blossburg responded to the scene, as did Penelec and UGI crews.