News

One man critically hurt in Linn County explosion

Linn County, IA - One person was critically hurt in a house explosion just outside of Cedar Rapids in Linn County Thursday afternoon. Sheriff Brian Gardner said the man in his 20s was taken by helicopter to a hospital with life-threatening injuries from the explosion...

Propane tank explosion in Emporia sends at least 2 people to hospital

Emporia, VA  - A propane tank explosion in Emporia sent at least two people to the hospital Wednesday night. Emporia Police say the explosion happened around 6:25 p.m. at Pino’s Pizza on West Atlantic Street, and they believe it was caused by a gas leak. The fire...

A Generator’s Carbon Monoxide Sickens South Brunswick Woman, Girl

South Brunswick, NJ — Generators. They're the savior of many a suburban home, especially in the aftermath of storms such as Isaias, when hundreds of thousands of New Jersey residents are still without power as of Wednesday. But generators can be extremely dangerous...

3 people injured in Wyoming food truck explosion

Afton, WY – Authorities are investigating a food truck explosion in Afton, Wyoming. Afton Police Chief Jason Romberg told SVI News the Cowboy Cookin’ food trailer at the Lincoln County Fairgrounds caught fire around 8:30 a.m. Monday. “We received word of an...

10 boaters overcome by carbon monoxide in Lake MI

South Haven, MI — Authorities say 10 people were overcome by carbon monoxide on a 32-foot boat on Lake Michigan. South Haven Area Emergency Services received a distress call from a captain who was unable to operate the boat, traveling from St. Joseph to South Haven,...

Two mariners jump into Lake St. Clair after boats catch fire, explode

Lake St. Clair, MI - Jason and Amanda Anderson were celebrating Amanda's father's 64th birthday Tuesday night at a waterfront eatery in St. Clair Shores when they heard a couple of loud booms. "Everyone thought it was fireworks," Amanda Anderson said, as she tended to...

Carbon monoxide leak sickens Fond du Lac warehouse workers

Fond du Lac, WI — Fire officials in Fond du Lac say a carbon monoxide leak sickened workers Monday at a Quality Packaging warehouse. Crews were sent around 2:30 p.m. on a report of a possible carbon monoxide leak and workers feeling ill. Fire crews began to treat...

4 die from carbon monoxide poisoning

Edinburg, TX - Edinburg police announced Tuesday morning that four family members died from carbon monoxide poisoning in the 2000 block of Woodstone Dr. One family member was rushed to the hospital. “With further investigation, it appears there was no foul play and...

Fire destroys Mount Jackson farmhouse

Mount Jackson, VA - A suspected explosion from a propane tank leak destroyed a house in Mount Jackson on Sunday evening but no injuries were reported, officials with the Shenandoah County Fire and Rescue Department said Monday. Deputy Chief of Operations Bill Streett...

Water Heater Leaks Carbon Monoxide Into Acton Home

Acton, MA — Two Acton residents have their carbon monoxide detectors to thank after their home started to fill with the dangerous gas, and they made it out just in time. The Acton Fire Department responded to the call about on Wednesday morning to the home on...

Three fire departments respond to explosion at Rocheleau Meats

Cheboygan, WI — On Wednesday afternoon, three local fire departments worked together to put out a fire at Rocheleau Meats on Townline Road, in Inverness Township, just outside the City of Cheboygan. Shortly after 4:30 p.m. on July 22, the Inverness Fire Department was...

Carbon monoxide leak forces evacuation of College Station apartments

College Station, TX - Sixteen units at a College Station apartment complex were evacuated Tuesday afternoon due to a carbon monoxide leak. According to College Station Fire Department spokesman Stuart Marrs, first responders were sent to the Sundance Apartments at 811...