News

Floor treatment, detector temporarily close Rome Walmart

Rome, NY - Walmart was closed and evacuated for several hours this morning after an overnight floor treatment set off the carbon monoxide detectors, according to city fire officials.The alarm was raised shortly before 7:30 a.m. today, leading to a full evacuation of...

House Explodes In Ridgefield, N.J.

Ridgefield, N.J. - One person was treated after a house exploded in Ridgefield, N.J. Monday.The explosion took place at 360 Abbott Avenue, near Elizabeth Street at around 11:30 a.m.Neighbors say their homes shook as if a bomb went off. When they looked out their...

Boat Explosion Injures Five People At Lake Of The Ozarks Marina

Lake of the Ozarks, MO - Five people were reportedly injured in a boat explosion at Millstone Marina & RV Resort on Saturday afternoon.According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, a 25 ft. Chris Craft exploded at approximately 1:50 p.m. on Saturday, June 15, at the...

Man Dead, Wife & Children Hospitalized In N.J. Carbon Monoxide Incident

Bernardsville, NJ -Police made a deadly discovery at a home in Somerset County, New Jersey Thursday.A man lost his life and his wife and two young children were sickened in what appears to be a case of carbon monoxide poisoning.It happened about 40 miles west of New...

Leaking gas stove in Oyster Bay sends 15 to the hospital

Oyster Bay, NY - A leaking gas stove in an Oyster Bay home sent 15 to the hospital Friday night, Nassau County police said.The natural gas leak was reported just before 9:30 p.m. on Audrey Avenue, police said. Real estate websites show the location as a multifamily...

Eight People Saved by Working Carbon Monoxide Detector

Rockland, MA - In Rockland, Fire Chief Scott Duffey says a working carbon monoxide detector helped prevent an incident from becoming much worse.Eight people were evacuated from a group home on Hingham Street Sunday after a call for a Carbon monoxide alarm.National...

Mayport woman injured in Clarion Co. natural gas explosion

Clarion County, PA -Mayport woman was injured Tuesday night when migrating natural gas caused an explosion in her Redbank Township, Clarion County, residence.Donna Kemmer, 68, was transported to a medical facility for treatment of her injuries, state police fire...

Small explosion causes damage to Motel 6

Duluth, MN - A small explosion is the likely cause of damage to a Motel 6 in West Duluth Friday morning.At about 9:15 a.m., the Duluth Fire Department responded to a report of smoke coming from the walls of the Motel 6 at 200 27th Ave. W., prompting an evacuation of...