Hudson, NJ – Residents were evacuated from a Jersey City apartment building earlier today after reports of high levels of carbon monoxide, officials said.
The Jersey City Fire Department arrived at the Soho Lofts at 273 16th St. and evacuated the three lower levels of the high-rise building, city spokeswoman Kimberly Wallace-Scalcione said.
A dislodged hot water heater vent pipe was identified as the cause. The fire department vented the dangerous levels of carbon monoxide, while the systems were shut down and repaired, Wallace-Scalcione said.
No injuries have been reported, and residents were allowed to safely return to the building, she said.