Winthrop, MA — A woman suffered serious injuries and at least 20 people are displace after a natural gas explosion at a Winthrop apartment.

Fire official officials said the explosion happened Friday in the laundry room of an apartment on Irwin Street. A 57-year-old woman was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston with serious injuries.

Emergency officials deemed the building uninhabitable following the explosion, WHDH reported.

American Red Cross volunteers said they are working to help at least 20 people who were displaced by the explosion.