News

One dead, two treated after carbon monoxide poisoning in Monroe City

Monroe City, MO - One man is dead, a woman is in the hospital, and a child was treated and released after experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning at a Monroe City residence on Saturday, the sheriff says.Monroe County Sheriff J. David Hoffman reported on Monday that...

FDNY: 8 hospitalized in carbon monoxide scare at Melrose church

New York, NY - Authorities say eight people were hospitalized when crews responded to the scene of a carbon monoxide emergency in Melrose Sunday.Con Edison says it happened on Third Avenue at a storefront church that was using space heaters.News 12 is told there was...

Gas leak, explosion in Billings apartment injures 2

Billings, MT - A natural gas leak caused an explosion at a Montana apartment complex that sent two people to the hospital with severe burns, officials said Saturday.Billings Deputy Fire Marshal Jeff McCullough says the explosion at about 9:45 Friday night caused an...

Couple survives gas poisoning

Thatcher, AZ - THATCHER — Two Thatcher residents are lucky to be alive after experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning last Wednesday.The Thatcher Fire Department was called to an aprtment complex on Stadium Avenue for a possible gas leak at 5:27 p.m. Wednesday,...

Man flown to hospital after house explodes in Union County

Maynardville, TN - A man was flown to the University of Tennessee Medical Center after a home explosion Wednesday afternoon, according to Union County dispatch.Paulette Volunteer Fire Department responded to the home in the 3000 block of Hickory Valley Lane after...

Valley County Man Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Valley County, MT - A 70-year-old Valley County man is dead from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning after a malfunction from a heating system installed in the man's home leaked the gas into the home's living area, said Valley County Sheriff and Coroner Tom Boyer. The...

Official: 6 treated after carbon monoxide leak in Amityville home

Amityville, NY - High carbon monoxide levels at an Amityville home that also serves as a day care sent four children and two adults to a hospital Sunday morning, fire officials said.A call came in about 10 a.m. to the North Amityville Fire Department about occupants...

High CO levels lead to evacuation of New London apartment building

New London, CT - High carbon monoxide readings led to the evacuation of a Truman Street apartment building on Friday, and a utility company employee was taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide exposure.New London firefighters responded to 36 Truman St. on Friday...

Apparent carbon monoxide poisoning leaves 1 dead, 2 critical

Springfield, MI - Authorities say an 11-year-old girl has died and two adults are in critical condition due to apparent carbon monoxide poisoning at a home in southern Michigan where a generator was being used.The Calhoun County sheriff's department says the girl died...

Three hospitalized after carbon monoxide exposure

South Hadley, MA - Two adults and a child were hospitalized because of a carbon monoxide leak on Main Street early Tuesday morning.The gas leak was caused by an unattached vent pipe on a heating unit in the house's basement, Fire District 1 Chief Robert Authier said....