News

2 hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning in Gresham

Chicago, IL - Two people were hospitalized in critical condition with carbon monoxide poisoning Tuesday in Gresham on the South Side. Authorities were called about 7:45 p.m. to a home in the 8500 block of South Ada Street, according to Chicago Fire Department...

Two found dead in Raven home

Raven, VA – Two local men have died from what police believe is carbon monoxide poisoning Tazewell County Sheriff Brian Hieatt said the bodies of Thomas Marvin Proffitt, 34, and Tyler Johnson, 22, both of Young Road in Raven were discovered when a deputy responded to...

Cause of explosion at Miller Circle in Harrisonburg determined

Harrisonburg, VA - The Harrisonburg Fire Department Fire Marshal’s Office has determined that the explosion and subsequent fire at Miller Circle in Harrisonburg Saturday morning was the result of a natural gas leak inside the building. According to a tweet from the...

Todd County Home Severely Damaged In Explosion

Todd County, KY - A Todd County home was severely damaged in an explosion Friday afternoon. Todd County Emergency Director Daniel Smith says the explosion is believed to have been caused by a propane leak that led to the gas building up in the home. The explosion...

Home Explosion Injures 2 In Lincoln County

Lincoln County, WI - Authorities in Lincoln County say two people were severely injured in a Monday afternoon home explosion. Their medical conditions are unknown, and their names haven’t been released. Two medical helicopters and multiple rescue crews were called to...

Cause of home explosion linked to furnance, 2 injured

Lincoln County, WI - The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Department said two people were injured Monday when attempting to ignite a furnace, resulting in an explosion. It happened around 3:30 p.m. at home on County Road X in the town of Schley. According to a news release, ...

House explodes, 1 missing

Chickasaw, OH - First responders searched through debris for a missing woman Sunday evening after an explosion destroyed one house and damaged a neighboring one. Dark plumes of smoke could be seen for miles after a house at 3751 County Road 716A erupted around 6 p.m.,...

Gasoline fumes in engine compartment cause Stamford Harbor fire

Stamford, CT  — Fire officials say the blaze that destroyed four boats and Capt. John’s Tiki hut in the Stamford harbor Saturday — causing well over $500,000 in damage — stems from a dangerous design problem found in many motorboats. Just before 3:35 p.m. Chief Fire...

Propane explosion destroys Monroe County home

Coolbaugh Township, PA — A propane leak caused an explosion and fire that destroyed a Monroe County home Sunday afternoon, officials said. The homeowners were at work and escaped injury, Coolbaugh Township fire Chief Bill Weimer Jr. said. Firefighters were called to...