News

Authorities investigating natural gas explosion in Monroe

Monroe, LA — Authorities say there was a Natural Gas leak that caused an explosion at a house in the 1600 block of S. 2nd St. in Monroe. Officials say windows were blown out and there was one person in the house who was able to get out unharmed. The cause of the leak...

Eight people get seriously ill after carbon monoxide exposure on boat

Wyandotte, MI - What Wyandotte police originally thought might have been two people overdosing on the docks turned out to be eight people getting seriously ill after carbon monoxide exposure. The victims were discovered shortly after 9 p.m. Sept. 24 at Motor City...

Home explosion kills Georgia woman, injures 4

Blairsville, GA - An explosion from an accidental fire at a Union County home killed one woman and injured four others Tuesday afternoon. The Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner told FOX 5 the fire happened around 1 p.m. at the home on the 500 block of...

Girl killed in Oklahoma house explosion, parents and brother injured

Oklahoma City, OK - A girl was killed and her parents and brother were injured when their home in Oklahoma City exploded Thursday morning, fire officials said. The ages of the girl or her brother were not immediately released, but both are younger than 18, according...

Vinton home evacuated after carbon monoxide detected

Roanoke County, VA - A portable Carbon Monoxide monitor potentially saved lives in Roanoke County Wednesday. The Roanoke County Fire and Rescue Department said it was dispatched to Vinton just before noon for an EMS call. When the medic crew entered the home on Tulip...

Home explodes in Gypsum following gas leak

Gypsum, CO — A home exploded in Gypsum Thursday afternoon following a report of an underground gas leak in the Chatfield Corners neighborhood, according to a tweet from the Eagle County Sheriff's Office (ECSO). The explosion at 50 Cottonwood Pass Road was reported...

Wayne County Home Destroyed in an Explosion

Wayne County, PA - A woman is recovering after an explosion demolishes her Wayne County home. It happened Sunday on Tiffany Drive in Paupack Township. According to police reports, the victim is a 59 year-old woman who recently bought the home which had no heat or hot...

Tenn. grandmother killed, child injured after carbon monoxide exposure

Memphis, TN - A woman died Wednesday night and a child is in extremely critical condition after exposure to carbon monoxide at their apartment in East Memphis, officials said. WREG reported that a woman and her young grandson were found unresponsive by the child’s...

Boat that caught fire at DiMillo’s Marina likely unsalvageable

Portland, OR - A boat that caught fire Saturday afternoon at DiMillo’s Marina was towed by the Portland Fire Department into the harbor, where the flames were extinguished, but the boat is likely unsalvageable, fire officials reported. No one was injured in the fire,...

House destroyed in explosion on Detroit’s west side

Detroit, MI – A house was destroyed Saturday afternoon on Detroit’s west side in a potential gas explosion. The house was located on LaBelle Street, near 14th Street and Oakman Boulevard. Authorities said the woman who resided was not home at the time and is safe....

Two flown to hospital after elderly couple’s home exploded in Texas

Fayette County, TX — Two people were flown to the hospital after a home explosion and fire in Fayette County on Tuesday morning. According to Fayette County Chief of Emergency Management Craig Moreau, an elderly couple's home in Ellinger exploded around 6:44 a.m. Fire...