Washington County, PA – A home was obliterated on Wednesday following a natural gas explosion in North Franklin Township, Washington County.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports the explosion happened in the 100 block of Park Lane, near Trinity High School.Many nearby homes have damage from the blast.
Witnesses say the explosion sounded like a bomb and could be felt for miles away.
Jeff Yates, the county’s public safety director, said the home owner returned home and smelled gas and immediately called the fire department.
Two firefighters drove to the home in their private vehicles and shut off the gas before the rest of the department arrived.
The two firefighters and homeowner were outside the home when the house exploded about a minute later.
All three were taken to the hospital.
Another fire fighter was also taken to the hospital for heat exhaustion.
Anyone with property damage should contact PSP Washington at 724-223-5400.