Roanoke County, VA – A portable Carbon Monoxide monitor potentially saved lives in Roanoke County Wednesday.

The Roanoke County Fire and Rescue Department said it was dispatched to Vinton just before noon for an EMS call.

When the medic crew entered the home on Tulip Lane, the small monitor set off an alarm. The crew evacuated everyone from the home and Wagon 2 was dispatched to confirm a possible Carbon Monoxide leak.

It was confirmed there was Carbon Monoxide in the home, and the natural gas line was shut off to conduct an investigation and continue ventilation.