Lyman, NH – The New Hampshire Fire Marshal’s Office says two people and several pets died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Lyman, New Hampshire.

State Fire Marshal Paul Parisi said crews responded to 29 Wilderness Acres Road around 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday for a welfare check and found the bodies of a man and a woman along with the bodies of several dogs and cats.

Parisi said the cause of the suspected carbon monoxide release is still under investigation.

Autopsies are scheduled for Thursday.

State Fire Marshal Parisi would like to stress the importance of having working carbon monoxide alarms in your homes and to know the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that is known as the silent killer.

Signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning may include a dull headache, weakness, dizziness, nausea or vomiting, shortness of breath, confusion, blurred vison or loss of consciousness.

If you experience any of these symptoms, get to fresh air and call 911 immediately.