Forsyth, GA –  A 26-year-old Forsyth man and his 10-month-old son were found dead in their car in the Waffle House parking lot on Ga. Hwy. 36 near I-75 on Nov. 14. It is believed they died of carbon monoxide poisoning while sleeping in the car.

According to a report from the Butts County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to the restaurant about 6:30 a.m. in reference to multiple people unresponsive in a vehicle in the parking lot. When they arrived, Waffle House employees flagged them down and indicated the victims were in a white car to the right of the front door of the restaurant.