Alton, IL — Two teens are being treated at an area hospital following suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Alton Thursday morning.

At about 8 a.m. Thursday Alton Police and Fire responded to a home in the 200 block of Mather Drive in Alton.

Initial reports were of two 15-year-olds found unconscious and not breathing. It was later determined the two were breathing and they were taken by Alton Fire Department ambulance to an area hospital. Both have been transferred to SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital in St. Louis.
Authorities said three adults were also in the home but were not treated.
The incident remains under investigation. Authorities said a dead dog was found under a bed in the room.