Tampa, FL – Tampa police are investigating the deaths of a man and two family dogs, and police they say were likely the result of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Dispatchers got a call around 9:44 a.m. Monday that a man was unconscious inside of his house on East Davis Boulevard.
When paramedics arrived, the 55-year-old man and a 53-year-old woman were found inside. The man and two family dogs were pronounced dead.
The woman was sent to a local hospital in critical condition.
Several of the responding emergency workers were also sent to be evaluated at the hospital.
Police say it appears the vehicle, featuring push-to-start ignition, left running in the garage could have resulted in the carbon monoxide poisoning. Foul play is not suspected based on the preliminary investigation.
An investigation is underway.