Madelia, MN – The Madelia Fire Department was called to a carbon monoxide alarm on the city’s southeast side.  The department arrived to find dangerous carbon monoxide levels.  An inspection by an HVAC professional found a comination of a faulty damper, an animal carcass in the chimney and a hole at the bottom of the chimney causing carbon monoxide to leak into all levels of the home.  No injuries were reported but fire officials say this is a good reminder of having a working carbon monoxide detector, saying this situation could have been much worse.  If you suspect carbon monoxide in your home, you should call 911.